Information posted about our members on the public website consists only of chapter name, city and when requested, a contact email. We do, however, maintain internal lists of members and contacts. Because your physical mail and e-mail addresses are confidential, we never share either type of list with outside parties, and only key IBRBS personnel and certain technical contractors are allowed access to the areas of the computer systems in which we store our lists. Lists are accessed only for the purpose of upgrading our computer systems or distributing IBRBS newsletters, publicity campaigns, alerts, correspondence, event notifications, or other professional communications that help us accomplish our mission as a nonprofit service organization.
The IBRBS website collects information about each visitor to our website in these ways:
- Through your IP address
- Through cookies
- Through online forms for posting events, and response requested items
- Through any correspondence you send us via mail to our online posted mailing address, our online listed emails, and through other forms not associated with the database
Detail about these methods of information collection follows:
- IP Addresses: Your IP address does not reveal any personal information about you or your activities. Our web server host logs all IP addresses of all visitors to automate information collection concerning web traffic, usage, length of time visitors stayed, new visitors, entry and exit points, and the like. It is also used as statistical information for reporting and to find ways to improve web usability.
- Online Forms: Online forms are generated by our database to gather information about you when you register as a member, post to our private Facebook Group, and when you sign up for an event or training. None of this information is shared with 3rd parties, except that which is intended to be shown on results pages as delineated on the form. If you post information that is available on the web, and wish to have it removed or corrected, please contact us, and we will comply with your request as soon as possible.
- Correspondence: None of your contact information or any of your correspondence that you send via regular mail, online through forms, through email, or any other means is ever sold to third parties under any circumstances, and is used only to conduct our daily business in accomplishing our mission under our policies as a nonprofit entity.
- IBRBS Sharing Practices: None of the information we collect is shared with any 3rd-party except as aggregated statistics for organizational performance reporting purposes, capturing and defining web traffic patterns, and website improvement. Information of this kind is never used to track or monitor individual users. Our purpose is to improve the content and usability of our website, programs, products, and services. Our online database is protected by security put in place to safeguard data integrity and to prevent unauthorized access and/or use of its systems. These security measures have been designed to provide the user with reasonable protection of private information entrusted to our possession.
- Opt In/Opt Out of IBRBS eNews: As a member you will automatically receive all eNews and information from us. If you just wish to receive our quarterly newsletters, you can sign up by clicking the eNews Signup link on the home page of the website. Once you are part of our contact/distribution lists, you can opt out any time you like by contacting IBRBS by email: Member Services.
- Online Surveys: Occasionally we may ask you to participate in online surveys in the interest of accomplishing our mission. Such surveys are always on a volunteer basis, and it is not necessary for you to fill it out. Should you decide to fill a survey out, the types of information that are collected may include demographics such as zip codes, age group, services received or provided, etc. However, none of this information will be collected on any one individual or that can be used to identify any one individual. Survey information is used in the aggregate to improve our organizational and online services.
- Corrections to Personal Information: If your personal information needs to be updated, please contact IBRBS by email: Membership Services.
- Online Purchases: IBRBS may provide you with links to affiliate sites to allow you to purchase items related to Santa needs and activities. Any transaction conducted as a result of those links is not conducted on our site, but is conducted on the site of the seller or the company managing the transaction through their online ecommerce functions. Therefore, IBRBS does not either see or collect any personal information about you, your transaction, and/or your credit card. All transactions and transaction details are between the purchaser and the company. Buyers will hold IBRBS harmless for any disputes between the buyer and the seller. Should IBRBS offer products and services for online purchase directly on IBRBS's website in the future, IBRBS will update this policy as necessary.